What is Youth Adventure Readiness?
Learning how to use a medical kit, navigate using map and compass, and how to tie knots are all valuable skills in and of themselves. But collectively, we use readiness skills as a medium to teach youth how to become situationally aware and to be calm under pressure. These skills are applicable in every facet of life, from school to business endeavors to times of emergency.
Our goal is to use readiness skills and training to create future leaders. As we experience an increase in both manmade and natural disasters, we have to rethink how we educate and prepare our kids to thrive in challenging times. By building confidence and the capability to be of service, we replace fear of the unknown with the desire and ability to be of use when it matters most. It's never too early to teach our youth to be capable and resourceful members of society.
What to Expect for Your Kids?
Participants will engage in experiential learning activities designed to be fun and accessible while providing important and valuable lessons in leadership, cooperation and communication. This includes:
- Memory and awareness games and exercises
- Lessons in the ins and outs of knot tying
- Quick, fun workouts
- The nuts and bolts of food growing from seed saving to sprouting techniques
- How design constructs like biomimicry and permaculture apply to our daily lives
- Radio etiquette, teaching clear and respectful communications through instruction on handheld radio protocols
Readiness is a team sport, minimum of 5 student registration
Flexible scheduling to meet private group needs